Who we are
Who we are
Christians In Action Ministries
Formed in 1957 originally by a youth group from Forked River Methodist Church, in N.J., Christians In Action was the name we decided on. We met in homes and had a membership of 12 teenagers. Over time, we all grew up, graduated from High School and College, and went our separate ways.
I was at that time Youth Lay leader for the above church. After Methodist Lay preacher training , God called me in 1973 to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I became assistant pastor to this church. I found that the structure of this and so many other churches hindered immediate action when people either came to the church or a church member for help, or a church member knew of someone who needed immediate help. This church, as so many others, would have to hold meetings and bring the need before the members of the committee to get approval and financial help for the person or persons in need. The problem with this was time - if we were made aware of a need, say on Monday and the regular committee responsible for handling or approving help met on Friday, it may be too late for the person in need, or damage may be compounded due to the delay.
Christians In Action was named just for this kind of need or purpose.: To take fast action now, not later. We started a fund for the purpose of being able to respond to an emergency need right away. The pastor , his wife , or whomever he appointed could investigate the need and be ready to respond to that need right away if the justification or need was verified. This was the beginning of the out reach of our organization, Christians In Action.
I later was the only member of the organization as everyone went their separate ways after school, got married, moved etc. I carried on the name and only added “Ministries” to the name because it out grew the church and became it’s own entity. I moved on to other churches and places around the country and always kept the organization active as a part of our ministries. I was always a working pastor, so any funds paid me as a church pastor or minister were placed into the fund of CIAM (Christians In Action Ministries). I am no longer a working pastor but have since retired from secular employment. I am a Licensed, ordained pastor at large currently , with no pulpit ministry. I do not call myself a Methodist, or Baptist or any other affiliation, just "Christian", a servant of our Lord and our God.
Several years ago we expanded to the Web. Eventually it will be a full service ministry by Internet. It will include The King James Bible, Bible studies, Questions and Answers to Bible and everyday life problems. The main theme, of course, will be to introduce the visitor to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and then , how to live the abundant life.
Our current ministries include:
Internet web presence
Bible studies in the home, just like the early church.
Prayer meetings at church and in homes.
We administer Holy Communion to shut in's and at Nursing homes and hospitals.
We are members of a National prayer chain.
Safe house network for Battered wives and children.
We simply are a group of folks that believe in God’s Holy Bible, The living Word of God. We believe only in the King James Version. We do not agree with mainstream organized churches that, according to God’s Word, have strayed from His Word and teachings and have compromised His Word. We love fellow believers but will not compromise our Lords’ Word.
We believe you have to teach God’s Word, Preach God’s Word and live God’s Word. We are just a small group but have been blessed by our Lord with many souls saved and edified.
Statement of Faith
Statement Of Faith
(1) We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), 17 So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(2) We believe that the One Triune God exits eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(3) We believe that Jesus Christ is God, was born on earth of a virgin, died vicariously, shedding his blood as man’s substitution sacrifice, rose from the dead bodily, and ascended into heaven where He is exalted at the Father’s right hand.
(4) We believe that salvation consists of the remission of sins, the imputation of Christ’s righteousness; the gift of eternal life is received by God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, apart from works.
(5) 1 Timothy 2: 5 There is one mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who always existed with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Fully God and fully man, the sinless Lamb that was slain for the sins of the world.
(6) In the regeneration, sanctifying, in dwelling and sealing work of the Holy Spirit who baptizes each believer into the Body of Christ, the Church, upon his acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. We believe you must be Born Again with evidence of a changed heart and life to enter the kingdom of Heaven.
(7) We believe that you must be born again.
John3:3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." 4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
(8) We believer in the Trinity.
In the Holy Trinity. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit 1John 5:7 For there are three that testify [bear] record in heaven, the Father, the Word*, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(9) John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. [the only begotten]
(10) The return of Jesus Christ is imminent, and that it will be visible and personal.
(11) Jesus Christ commanded the church to go into the world and preach the gospel to everyone, baptizing and teaching those who believe.
(12) We believe in the will, power, and providence of God to meet our every need in His service.
(13) We believe Jesus is the Sabbath and it doesn't matter what day you come together to worship Him.
(14) Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
(15 ) We believe in a literal Hell. Mark 9:42 - 45, Causing to Sin 42"And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. (Gehenna) 47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.
45And if your foot is a cause of stumbling and sin to you, cut it off! It is more profitable and wholesome for you to enter into life [that is really worthwhile] crippled than, having two feet, to be cast into hell (Gehenna) Hebrews 6: 4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
2Thessalonians 2:3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
(16) We believe in a literal Heaven. Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
(17) Matthew 24 The Day and Hour Unknown 36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. [ we are to keep watch, be sober and look for the signs.
(18) 1Corinthians 15:52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. [We believe in the catching away ( the Rapture ) at "The Last Trump." ]
(19) We believe there are diversity of gifts for today, but the same Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians12
(20) We believe God uses both men and women to fulfill His will whoever is the most willing. Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Thank you for your interest in what we believe. The Bible refers to deception at least 53 times in the New Testament. During this unprecedented time, we need to be obedient to the Apostle Paul's exhortation to... "Study to show yourselves approved, rightly dividing the word of God".